Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Cruisers



It has been so long since I posted anything, but I feel it is time to post something- this time telling you about the many photo shoots i have done lately, but haven't had time to edit yet. Oh, I have photo shoots to tell you about..!   

Beautiful light in the evening at the beach.  A whole society I didn't know about, that travels to the Grandfather Mountain Games, camping in the woods (this culture is much bigger than Loch Norman), auctioning off items from Scotland, playing beautiful music, eating delicious food, meeting kindred spirits… and where I also met kindred spirits.

 Then, on the way back from the beach, I ran into- I arrived in the middle of- a parade, it seemed..  and i found a new photo project! 

Another one. I already have, I believe, 2 in the works, and now another- a documentary project.  

I finally called this man back tonight.. 

But what had happened was, on my way back from the beach, I was almost back and my gps took me a diff way than expected for the last stretch of the road.. and it turned out to be a really scenic road, and I was really enjoying it. Then all the sudden, I arrived in this town, and it was as if I had arrived in the middle of a parade...  on a Friday evening… but it was FASCINATING! 

There were antique cars of different eras, everywhere, and I was in an older town of North Carolina,  It was like I had stepped back into the 50s,  with a few touches of today. I knew I had to stop and walk around, with my camera.  

I like a lot of different things, artistically, but I'm still a documentary photographer at heart.  Soon after I began walking around this place, I met a man with this poster on his car,  On it he had written all about how this car was his life story. He thought i was from a newspaper.  A lot of people i ran into thought i was from a newspaper. I don't always know if strangers are going to want me to take their pictures, but in this town, they really did. They wanted to be in a newspaper. In a story all about them.  And he did. 

I finally talked to him tonight, and he is a riot.   He told of how he traveled to Mexico City back in the 70s- from a small North Carolina town and was an "instant sensation"!  

I am looking forward to hearing more of this story, and will travel to this town again this Friday to hear more about it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment